Thursday, December 19, 2013

4 weeks post op RPAO!

Well, today is 4 weeks post op.  I kind of thought that at this point I would be further along in my healing process I guess.  Compared to my scope around this point in time, I am still getting a lot of pain, which is frustrating.  I have pain when standing and walking almost all of the time.  Usually in my hip flexors, groin and deep in my glutes.  I still have at least another 2 weeks on crutches at 20% weight bearing and then most likely I can work on weaning off of them.  I have been doing PT 2-3 times a week and thats been going well.  I can definitely see progress, its just all a lot slower than I anticipated.

And of course, because my life is not interesting enough with surgery, finally there has been movement on the adoption of the 3 foster kids my parents have.  The adoption petition was filed last week and is set for finalization in Feb.  Our family is beyond elated and we could not have asked for a better Christmas present!  As well, my husband and I are moving back to our home town.  So in the next few week and months we have a lot of personal things happening which are exciting, not to mention the prospect of getting of crutches soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment