Sunday, April 6, 2014

Finally Spring is here....but the pain continues

I figured that instead of waiting a few weeks to write an update I would write one today even though I do not have much good new to report.  I ran into some insurance issues that have made it impossible for me to see Dr. Buly again, which is very frustrating.  Originally I had surgery with Aetna insurance which I got through my college, but since I had to drop my classes for surgery and then we moved (really unexpectedly) I had to change insurance companies to Blue Care Network through my husbands work.  Now, don't get me wrong, I am extremely grateful that we even have access to insurance at an affordable rate, but that does mean that I no longer have out of network benefits, thus I cannot see Dr. Buly anymore as his appointments will not be covered.  Luckily for me though, a very well respected surgeon (who Dr. Sink at HSS recommended originally), Dr. Zaltz, is in network and a lot closer to home, in Detroit.  So I made an appointment with him for the beginning of May to 1) follow up with a surgeon who does PAO surgeries and 2) get his opinion on my situation.

Things have not really improved very much at all for me in the past few weeks, if at all.  I am still limping around, my hip causes me pain pretty consistently at this point in time.  I have a lot of knee pain too.  My knee has also been giving way so I have been taping it with KT tape to help give it some stabilization.  I feel like I am at the point where I always am after surgery where I just know things are not right, somethings still wrong.  Obviously, I still have the femoral anteversion issue hanging over me, which is frustrating.  My whole lower body is just a twisted mess and with each subsequent surgery, I just seem to end up in more pain.  I worry that a femoral osteotomy will cause me to need a tibial osteotomy as well, and it will just be a never ending cycle.  On the other hand, I just cannot live like this anymore.  My entire life has been on hold for the past 3 years waiting to be fixed and every time I try to move on and do school or work, I have to pull out because of pain.

Luckily I have a strong family around me to help hold me together, but this is all wearing very thin on my psyche.

No comments:

Post a Comment